European Hair Care Instructions
Care Instructions for Women’s Augmentations: Proper care of your new hair will keep it vibrant, resilient, and looking natural.
- Place augmentation on a head form. Using a sculpting brush, brush from the ends to the roots, section by section before wetting or washing.
- Using lukewarm water, spray the augmentation starting at the end of the hair shaft and continue up to the root area. Do not brush. Press excess water carefully from the hair using your fingers.
- Place a small amount of La Gem Pearl Shampoo into palm of hand. Gently press shampoo into hair in one downward motion, starting at ends, working up to about two inches away from root area. Rinse with running lukewarm water. Squeeze out excess water. Do not brush, comb, or rub hair in circular motion during shampoo process.
- Place La Gem Pearl Conditioner into palm of hand and proceed to gently press it into the hair shaft starting at the ends and working up to within two inches of the root. Carefully brush hair from the ends continuing up to the roots until hair is completely brushed. Do not use comb. Rinse with lukewarm water from the root to the ends.
- Blot dry with towel. Brush from hair ends to root. Place on a wire wig stand and allow to air dry. Natural air-drying is best to maintain hair quality and shine.
Your hair may be styled by roller setting and placed under a warm hooded dryer, or use a blow dryer, or curling iron on medium heat only.
For added softness and shine, use La Gem Diamond Glass. First, place a few drops into palm of hand, gently apply throughout the hair starting at ends, avoiding the root area.
For more information, request the La Gem consumer brochure from your retailer.
CAUTION: Do not use high-temperature styling tools. They can cause damage to the cuticle on the hair shaft resulting in tangles, loss of shine, and dry looking hair.
IF WORN WHILE:
SWIMMING: Always wear a cap. Chlorine will cause the hair to become dry/brittle and tangle. Augmentation must be washed and conditioned immediately following.
SAUNA: Wrap hair in a cold, wet towel before entering. Let air-dry after.
SLEEPING: Never sleep in wet hair. Hair should be completely dry before retiring.
EXERCISE: When preparing for exercise, we recommend that you first brush hair thoroughly from the ends to roots. Spray with La Gem Jade Leave-in Conditioner, if needed. Proceed to create a few large braids or brush hair into a ponytail (secure with coated fasteners).
Hair should be shampooed following intense activities.